Goodyear has tested the Multi-Zone Tread tire several times over the past year. The most recent test took place in Atlanta earlier this month, where 13 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams put the tire through its paces with very positive results and feedback.
"Teams were able to tune their cars to the tire and get the balance of the car right," said Grant. "Drivers seemed pleased with the performance during the test, and we expect similar results for the races this weekend."
Following this weekend's races at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Goodyear will also consider tires featuring a Multi-Zone Tread for additional tracks on the NASCAR schedule.
This is the second notable example of how Goodyear has transferred street technology to its racing tires. For the 2009 racing season, the tire maker introduced a wet weather radial for use in the NASCAR Nationwide Series that has a tread pattern based on the "street" Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season tire.Goodyear (NASDAQ: GT) is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 53 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com. SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV