Trade-Ideas: AutoNavi Holdings (AMAP) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified AutoNavi Holdings (AMAP) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified AutoNavi Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.1 million.
- AMAP has traded 256,448 shares today.
- AMAP is up 3.3% today.
- AMAP was down 14.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMAP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AMAP: AutoNavi Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides digital map content, and navigation and location-based solutions in China. AMAP has a PE ratio of 20.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate AutoNavi Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for AutoNavi Holdings has been 440,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. AutoNavi has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 34.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AutoNavi Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMAP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.55, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for AUTONAVI HLDG LTD is rather high; currently it is at 69.77%. Regardless of AMAP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.64% trails the industry average.
- AMAP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full AutoNavi Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV