BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Has the market already topped? Well, only in the most literal sense.
Ongoing conflict in Syria is spooking the stock market this week, as Wall Street worries about the possibility that the U.S. will get involved in the action. Stocks fell hard on Tuesday, after Secretary of State John Kerry spoke to the media about the possibility of military response to gas attacks in the country. Yesterday's rebound barely made a dent in getting the big indexes out of the red.
But while U.S. equities are in make-or-break mode again this week, it's a bit early to call it a top. Let's not forget that the S&P 500 is a mere 4.4% off of all-time highs now -- and the big index still higher today than it was anytime up until this summer.Nope, a crash this isn't. >>Triple Your Gains With These 5 Cash-Rich Stocks But the increased anxiety is creating some tradable opportunities right now. Today, we're taking a technical look at five of them. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy This Week Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV