Trade-Ideas: Taser International (TASR) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
- TASR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.5 million.
- TASR has traded 81,093 shares today.
- TASR is up 4.4% today.
- TASR was down 5.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TASR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TASR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TASR: TASER International, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) for use in law enforcement, federal, military, corrections, private security, and personal defense markets worldwide. TASR has a PE ratio of 39.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Taser International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Taser International has been 546,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Taser International has a market cap of $586.7 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.11 and a short float of 3.2% with 0.86 days to cover. Shares are up 28.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Taser International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TASR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TASR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TASR has a quick ratio of 2.34, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- TASER INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TASER INTERNATIONAL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.27 versus -$0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.27).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 29.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.44 million to $4.46 million.
- The gross profit margin for TASER INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.85% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Taser International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.