5 Apps for Meeting People
NEW YORK TheStreet-- If you live in the United States, you probably spend a significant amount of time online. Much of that time is "social." Facebook (FB) helps you connect with people you already know, whereas other sites help you meet new people while you're at your computer. From online dating to professional networking, there are countless sites to help you connect.
Internet use has been mainstream for nearly 20 years, but there's still somewhat of a stigma for meeting people that way. That's gradually disappearing, however. One-third of recent marriages began with online dating, according to a new study by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Yet many of these couples still feel compelled to make up stories about how they met.
Regardless of whether your Internet connection leads to marriage, there are certainly a lot of people using the web to find dates. Sites like LinkedIn (LNKD) enable people to make professional contacts. Whether you're looking for new friends, a new job, or a new boyfriend, there are plenty of apps for meeting people. Here are some worth checking out.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV