MONTREAL, Aug. 29, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today noted the widespread media speculation about US communications giant Verizon's plan to buy out international partner Vodafone's 45% stake in its wireless business. The rumour confirms what the majority of Canadians have been telling the federal government: a company like Verizon with the scale to consider an acquisition of approximately US$130 billion dollars does not need any handouts from Ottawa to compete in the Canadian wireless market.
In a recent national survey by Nanos Research ( www.nanosresearch.com), Canadians said clearly that they want a level playing field in wireless: 81% said the government should give no favours to any carrier, foreign or domestic, while just 2% supported the idea of special favours for giant US entrants like Verizon.
About Bell Headquartered in Montréal since its founding in 1880, Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers, business and government customers with leading TV, Internet, wireless, home phone and business communications solutions. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media. Bell is wholly owned by Montréal's BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE). For more information, please visit Bell.ca.
The Bell Let's Talk mental health initiative is a national charitable program that promotes Canadian mental health across Canada with the Bell Let's Talk Day anti-stigma campaign and significant funding for community care, research and workplace best practices. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.SOURCE Bell Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV