Aug. 29, 2013
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE:LXK) announced financial results for the second quarter of 2013. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation information, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on Sept. 13, 2013, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Aug. 30, 2013.
- After the close of the markets on July 26, 2013, Lexmark entered into an accelerated share repurchase agreement ("ASR Agreement") with The Bank of Nova Scotia ("Scotiabank"). Pursuant to the terms of the ASR Agreement, Lexmark will purchase $21 million of the outstanding shares of its Class A Common Stock from Scotiabank.
- Lexmark announced an agreement to acquire Saperion AG, a European-based leader in enterprise content management solutions, focused on providing document archive and workflow solutions.
Customer News and Company Recognition
- Lexmark has been recognized as a Leader in managed print services (MPS) again by leading IT market research and advisory firm IDC in the 2013 MPDS MarketScape report, which analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing managed print and document services.
- Lexmark was also recently named a Leader by IDC in the firm's MarketScape: EMEA Managed Print Services 2012 Hardcopy Vendor Analysis.
- Acuo, now part of Lexmark's Perceptive Software, was recognized by Frost & Sullivan with the 2012 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Market Share Leadership as the market share leader in vendor-neutral archiving (VNA), noting the company has significant standing in the broader enterprise imaging archiving market.
- Buyer's Laboratory (BLI) bestowed Summer 2013 Pick awards on the Lexmark MX812 Series for " Outstanding A4 Departmental Monochrome MFP," along with the Lexmark CS510 Series for " Outstanding A4 Color Printer for Small Workgroups."
- Lexmark was chosen by the FBI as its output provider in a $30 million agreement. Lexmark's Print Management solution has been deployed across the FBI's optimized fleet of smart Lexmark printers and multifunction products (MFPs) to reduce unnecessary printing, control overall printing costs and provide for strong user authentication, data security and information assurance.
- Perceptive Software has been chosen by World Vision International to help streamline its operations worldwide. Perceptive Content will provide efficiency and control across multiple ERP systems, helping to free resources for humanitarian efforts.
- Perceptive Software announced that Rideout Health will deploy Perceptive Software's Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution for the health system's hospitals, cancer center, outpatient clinics and other ancillary services.
- Perceptive Software received a 2013 top company award as a "Cool Company" from the Kansas City Business Magazine.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
- Perceptive Software released Document Filters 11, enabling technology partners to unlock and transform unstructured content for use in big data, data loss prevention, e-discovery and other data-driven solutions.
- Perceptive Software launched Perceptive Intelligent Capture for Transcripts, offering higher education institutions reductions in transcript data entry time and cost, while easing workflow delays during peak enrollment seasons.
- Perceptive Software and Bridgeline Digital jointly announced that they have committed to a long-term agreement that will see Bridgeline's iAPPS® platform augmented with Perceptive Enterprise Search technology.
- Lexmark and the Nature Conservancy teamed up to support the PGA of America with a tree-planting event to help offset the impact of printing and paper products generated over the course of the seven-day 2013 PGA Championship. Lexmark is the Official Printing Technology Provider of the PGA of America.
- Lexmark was named a winner of the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility. The award, which recognizes employers that successfully use workplace flexibility to meet both organizational and employee goals, has been given to Lexmark the past six consecutive years.
- Recently, Lexmark employees built their 18th Habitat for Humanity house in Lexington, Ky.
Additional content is available on
Lexmark's News Blog
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.