Vodafone shares climbed 8.26% to $31.84 in premarket trading. The company was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 2,945,129.
Verizon shares also received a boost from the news, gaining 7.28% to $49.95.Facebook (FB) was a more modest gainer, rising 1.19% to $41.03 on share volume of 552,823 while Sirius XM (SIRI) was up 0.7% to $3.60. Electric car maker Tesla (TSLA) crept up 0.57% to $167.40, while Apple (AAPL) rose 0.63% to $494. Salesforce.com (CRM), which reports its fiscal second-quarter results after market close, was down 0.47% to $42.58. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for sales of $939.25 million and earnings of 7 cents a share, compared to $731.65 million and 11 cents a share in the same period last year. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV