WEST CHESTER, Ohio, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE: AKS) ("AK Holding") announced today that its subsidiary, AK Steel Corporation ("AK Steel"), has completed its offer to exchange (the "Exchange Offer") up to $380.0 million in aggregate principal amount of its 8.750% senior secured notes due 2018 (the "Initial Notes"), not registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, for an equal aggregate principal amount of its registered 8.750% senior secured notes due 2018 (the "New Notes"). The Exchange Offer expired at 5:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time, on August 28, 2013. All of the Initial Notes were submitted for exchange, and AK Steel has accepted for exchange all the Initial Notes validly tendered and not withdrawn pursuant to the Exchange Offer.
The Exchange Offer was made pursuant to Registration Rights Agreements entered into by AK Steel and AK Holding when AK Steel issued the Initial Notes on November 20, 2012 and June 24, 2013. AK Steel issued the Initial Notes in private placement transactions and they were subject to transfer restrictions. The purpose of the Exchange Offer was to allow holders of the Initial Notes to exchange their Initial Notes for New Notes not subject to these restrictions. AK Steel did not receive any proceeds from the Exchange Offer.
The terms of the New Notes are substantially the same as the terms of the Initial Notes, except that the New Notes are registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, have no transfer restrictions under the federal securities laws, no registration rights and no rights to additional interest.This announcement does not constitute an offer to purchase or a solicitation of an offer to sell securities. The Exchange Offer was made only pursuant to a prospectus and the related letter of transmittal and only to such persons and in such jurisdictions as is permitted under applicable law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV