There are also signs Mayer's continued focus to improve Yahoo!'s core properties is working. Yahoo! surpassed Google (GOOG) in Web traffic for the month of July, as 87.2% of the 225 million U.S. Internet users visited a Yahoo! site.
Equity markets have responded to Mayer's efforts to turn the company around. Shares are near their 52-week high, having gained 36.2% year-to-date.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV