8. -- Carl Icahn raised his stake in Nuance Communications (NUAN - Get Report) to 16.9% and said he was considering adding one of his nominees to the board of the maker of speech-recognition software.
Icahn's stake was increased from 16.4%.
9. -- Salesforce.com (CRM - Get Report), the cloud computing company, posted fiscal second-quarter earnings on Thursday that topped Wall Street expectations as revenue jumped 31%. Salesforce.com also provided guidance for the year above analysts' views. Salesforce.com's adjusted earnings for the quarter were 9 cents a share; analysts were looking for 7 cents a share. Revenue in the period was $957.1 million, up $731.6 million a year earlier. Analysts were expecting revenue of $937.8 million.
10. -- Big Lots (BIG) is expected by analysts on Friday to post fiscal second-quarter earnings of 24 cents a share on revenue of $1.23 billion.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts