AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With modernized, earth friendly wine production, South Africa has come into its own in the last decade, creating beautiful wines with high standards and a minimal impact on natural resources, which are a great fit for Whole Foods Market. From now through October, the company will celebrate wines of South Africa that offer popular fruit-forward styles with the restrained elegance of the Old World.
Every bottle of South African wine carries an integrity and sustainability seal, which guarantees place of origin and a commitment to measureable, sustainable practices by the country's Wine and Spirit Board. The certification seal, an industry first providing traceability of the wine back to its specific vineyard and winery, combined with the biodiversity of the region and commitment of the winemakers has produced top notch wines at incredible values.
"South African wines are no longer the little brother of the wine world; these wines are first-class and offer incredible value," said Doug Bell, global wine buyer for Whole Foods Market. "From bright, well-balanced chardonnays to deeply complex red blends, Whole Foods Market looks forward to turning our shoppers on to the breadth of what the country has to offer."Twitter Tasting Wine enthusiasts 21 and older can taste these wines at Whole Foods Market store events or join two Twitter Tastings using hashtag #WFMwine on Sept. 12, 7-8 p.m. CT and Oct. 10, 7-8 p.m. CT. Win a trip to South Africa From Sept. 3-18, shoppers can enter to win a luxurious trip for two to South Africa that includes round-trip airfare, five-star lodging, six days visiting wineries, and four days in Cape Town. Sponsored by Wines of South Africa, the contest will award trips to three individuals who are selected by a two-round judging process for their entries describing which South African wine featured at Whole Foods Market they are most excited to try. Entrants must be 21 years or older to enter. Details available starting Sept. 3 at wholefoodsmarket.com/southafrica. Featured South African wines
- Protea Chenin Blanc
- Indaba Sauvignon Blanc
- DMZ Chardonnay
- The Wolftrap Syrah Mourvèdre Viognier
- Robertson Winery Cabernet Sauvignon
- Flagstone Dragon Tree
- Bellingham Small Barrel S.M.V.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV