K12 Inc. (NYSE: LRN), a leading provider of proprietary, technology-based curriculum, software and education services created for individualized learning for students primarily in kindergarten through 12th grade, today announced its results for the fourth fiscal quarter and full fiscal year ended June 30, 2013.
Financial Highlights for the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2013
- Revenues for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013 grew 19.7% to $848.2 million, primarily due to a 12.7% increase in average student enrollments and an increase in average revenue per student in our managed public schools business.
- EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure (see reconciliation below), for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013 increased 28.0% to $111.4 million and EBITDA margin grew to 13.1%.
- Operating income grew 57.6% to $45.7 million.
- Net income attributable to common and Series A stockholders grew by 60.6% to $28.1 million.
- Diluted net income attributable to common stockholders per share, which reflects a pro rata allocation of net income to Series A stockholders, grew 60.0% to $0.72.
Financial Highlights for the Three Months Ended June 30, 2013 (Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2013)
- Revenues for the fourth quarter of FY 2013 increased 19.2% to $203.1 million, primarily due to organic revenue growth of 20.8% in our core Managed Public Schools business.
- EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure (see reconciliation below), for the fourth quarter of FY 2013 grew 7.3% to $19.0 million.
- Operating income decreased 30.0% to $1.4 million.
- Net income attributable to common and Series A stockholders grew by 27.8% to $2.3 million.
- Diluted net income attributable to common stockholders per share, which reflects a pro rata allocation of net income to Series A stockholders, grew by 20.0% to $0.06.
Comments from ManagementNate Davis, Executive Chairman of the Board, commented: “I am very pleased with the financial results K12 delivered in fiscal 2013. We remain intensely focused on improving academics and, to that end, we have introduced innovative academic pilots to improve our learning model and have launched new diagnostic assessment tools. We are excited about the new school year and grateful to have the opportunity to offer an individualized and adaptive education to students around the world.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV