BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It's time for a 'skippervention.' With an estimated 31 million Americans skipping breakfast each morning, Kellogg's® is promoting its nutritious Kellogg's To Go ™ breakfast shakes as a new, on-the-go solution for breakfast skippers.
The world's leading breakfast producer has partnered with EXTRA television host and New York Times best-selling author Maria Menounos to help consumers stop skipping breakfast with its new on-the-go option. With more than 21 vitamins and minerals, 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber*, Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Shakes serve as a nutritious, portable breakfast option.
Today (8/29) from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Kellogg's is supplying free Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Shake samples at a "Skip Stop" in New York City's Flatiron Plaza. Assisted by EXTRA television host Menounos, Kellogg's To Go will hold skipperventions by intervening to persuade consumers to break their breakfast-skipping habit and choose a nutritious start to each day. She won't lack candidates: A recent Kellogg's To Go survey shows eating breakfast accompanies less than half of people's morning routines. In fact, 42% of people reported that they are busy checking email or their social networks.
Kellogg's believes in the power of breakfast, but 31 million Americans are skipping it, with young adults and teens having the highest rate of missing their morning meal. That's why Kellogg's introduced Kellogg's To Go to help make sure each day, no matter how busy, lives up to its full potential. So, in exchange for samples of the new breakfast shakes, Kellogg's is encouraging Americans to take a pledge with #KelloggsToGo to stop skipping breakfast once and for all."As a busy TV host, I'm constantly running from one television set to the other," says Menounos. "Because of my schedule, I sometimes fall victim to breakfast skipping and don't feel my best the rest of the day. Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Shakes give me a great start even on my busiest of days with a breakfast option I can take on-the-go." We all know breakfast is important, so why do so many people skip? In fact, breakfast skippers report altered eating habits later in the day – including eating lunch really early, consuming an unhealthy breakfast item mid-morning and drinking more coffee to curb hunger. Research indicates:
- Only 10 percent of adults think "what's for breakfast" first when their alarm goes off each morning – but most report considering how long they can snooze or what they have to do today.
- Just 22 percent of people would spend extra time in the morning eating breakfast, while 50 percent report they would spend extra time sleeping in.
- "Not feeling hungry until I'm out the door" is the most common cause of skipping breakfast.
- http://clicktotweet.com/NmDEc @Kelloggs_US aims to end to breakfast skipping with skipperventions and new #KelloggsToGo
- http://clicktotweet.com/564W4 Nearly 1 in 3 breakfast skippers feel sluggish! @Kelloggs_US helps stop the skip with #KelloggsToGo
 NPD Group, National Eating Trends, 2011
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV