GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company, today announced that innovation and world-class entertainment will again take center stage at its 18 parks across North America for the 2014 season. The company's lineup includes an impressive collection of world-record rides, family and kids attractions, and the addition of an all new water park at its Georgia property.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/63104-six-flags-new-thrilling-exciting-rides-water-attractions-2014
"We are committed to delivering thrilling new attractions in every park every year and are tremendously excited about the 2014 season," said Jim Reid-Anderson, chairman, president and chief executive officer. "Next season's lineup is one of our most comprehensive packages ever as we truly offer something for every member of the family, from ultimate thrill-seekers to our youngest guests. Six Flags is going bigger each year as we create fun, thrilling and lasting memories for our guests."
Among the 2014 highlights:
- Six Flags Over Georgia, outside of Atlanta, is unveiling the largest capital expansion in its 46-year history with the introduction of a massive, tropically-themed water park inside the theme park. Hurricane Harbor will include an 800,000 gallon wave pool, the world's first water slide that blends both a swirling-bowl feature and a tornado-wave feature into one slide, a multi-slide tower, an interactive children's area, and much more—all in the first phase of a multi-year, multi-million dollar project. Its local sister park, Six Flags White Water—the largest water park in the South—is expanding its popular Dive-in Movies by adding an all new entertainment stage that will also host live entertainment performances at the legendary Atlanta Ocean wave pool.
- Six Flags Great America, near Chicago, is annihilating all other wooden-coaster records with the introduction of Goliath, which will shatter not one, but three world records and become the most extreme wooden coaster on the planet. The behemoth coaster will boast the title of the world's fastest wooden roller coaster and also lay claim to the world's tallest and steepest drop on a wooden coaster. Goliath will take riders up a mammoth 165-foot lift hill, then plunge them down a record-setting 180-foot, 85-degree drop. Riders will experience record-breaking speeds of up to 72 mph and blast into jaw-dropping maneuvers including three over-banked turns, a 180-degree Zero-G roll, an inverted drop and an inverted Zero-G stall.
- New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure, the world's largest theme park, will surpass the world record for tallest drop ride with the addition of the 41-story Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom. Connected to the iconic Kingda Ka roller coaster that ranks as the world's tallest coaster and North America's fastest, Zumanjaro will hoist riders 415 feet into the sky, twice as high as the Statue of Liberty, and rocket them back to earth at 90 mph while Kingda Ka trains launch directly toward them at speeds of up to 128 mph. For water park fun and entertainment, Hurricane Harbor is adding more VIP cabanas centered around a new tiki bar that will offer beverage service directly to the cabanas.
- The world-record setting New England SkyScreamer swing ride will become the tallest attraction and newest landmark at Six Flags New England. The 400-foot aerial adventure will lift guests 40 stories into the air and spin them at speeds of 40 mph. While aboard, riders will experience breathtaking views of the Connecticut River and the New England skyline as they spin round and round.
- Guests at Six Flags Mexico, in Mexico City, will experience a thrilling transformation of one of the park's iconic roller coasters, Medusa, which will be reengineered into a state-of-the-art hybrid coaster and emerge as Medusa Steel Coaster. The combination of a classic wooden structure with a new steel track provides a smoother, faster and more thrilling ride that will boast an incredible 117-foot drop, four over-banked turns and three exciting full inversions along more than 3,000 feet of track.
- Six Flags America, outside of Washington, D.C., is introducing two exhilarating rides inside a new Mardi Gras-themed section of the park. Ragin' Cajun, a spinning, fast-track roller coaster will tilt and zigzag guests through quick twists, tight curves and breathtaking drops while a family-friendly ride dubbed French Quarter Flyers will delight both kids and adults as they pilot and control their own ride experience.
- Family thrills are on tap at Six Flags Over Texas where the children's section of the park will include an interactive play area, new kids rides and a refreshed feel with more locations for mom and dad to sit, relax and cool off while the youngsters explore. Nearby Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, the largest water park in North Texas, is adding to its collection of unparalleled water attractions with the debut of a new multi-featured water slide.
- La Ronde's guests will be under the devil's spell when boarding DEMON, an extreme and diabolical new ride that will carry passengers through a whirl of pure adrenalin and big thrills. Those who dare to confront the fierce DEMON will be at the mercy of two large metallic arms that take them through a series of infernal and unpredictable spins. The 32 passengers boarding DEMON will be swung upside down up to 45 feet high and twirled around between earth and sky while sixteen water jets spout from the depths of the ride.
- Providing thrills for all seasons and thrills for all ages, Six Flags Magic Mountain in Southern California—The Thrill Capital of the World—is offering an exciting twist on two of the park's beloved coasters. For a limited time, the popular suspended coaster, BATMAN The Ride and the celebrated wooden coaster, Colossus, will run backwards. Additionally, aspiring thrill seekers and their families will be treated to a revitalized children's area—Bugs Bunny World, anchored by the launch of the area's fourth pint-sized coaster and a new show in the Carrot Club Theater. Summertime water park fun is also on tap for 2014 when Six Flags Hurricane Harbor introduces Bonzai Pipelines—featuring two thrilling body slides—plus Dive-in Movies in the wave pool, new dining experiences and extended operating hours.
- Celebrating its 60 th Anniversary in 2014, Six Flags Great Escape in upstate New York is debuting Extreme Supernova, which offers thrill seekers the ultimate rush, filled with stomach-dropping dips and inverted spins. Suspended from an overhead axis, 16 riders will fly head-over-heels up to 50 feet in the air as land and sky become one through dual swinging and spinning motions. Once the outward-facing riders are secured and the floor drops from below, Extreme Supernova will swing back and forth while guests are spun in endless circles delivering maximum G-Forces and high-flying sensations. In addition, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park is offering an all-new VIP wing with 35 upscale suites and exclusive concierge service.
- At both Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, near San Francisco, an interactive family ride is joining the parks' line up of thrills for 2014. Guests aboard Tsunami Soaker will have a soaking good time as they blast other riders with water while twisting and spinning in a circle. Each passenger is armed with a giant water pistol as they engage in a water battle that will leave everyone, including bystanders, drenched in fun!
- In a bold move and for the first time in 16 years, guests at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom can now enjoy their favorite rides and attractions more often as the park expands its operating calendar to be open year-round for 2014, including holidays and weekends in both January and February. Already home to the best entertainment in Northern California, in addition to Tsunami Soaker, the park is also welcoming the return of the smash hit, Cirque Dreams Splashtastic—the Most Amazing Show Above H 2O featuring high-flying aerialists and acrobats combined with the power and grace of spectacular bottlenose dolphins.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, will debut the state's first multiple lane trap-door free-fall waterslides, the new thrilling four-slide Bahama Blaster. The extreme Bahama Blaster is just one of several new attractions and new guest amenities debuting next summer as part of an entirely new expansion inside the park's White Water Bay water park. This newest addition to White Water Bay features four body slides that sit side-by-side and offer a unique launching capsule system. After reaching the top of the six-story tower, guests step into the enclosed vertical capsule where the floor drops out beneath them, sending riders free-falling 40 mph down the slide.
- This fall at all Six Flags parks, Fright Fest ® —which is presented by SNICKERS ® and is the biggest Halloween event in the country—is now bigger, better and scarier with more zombies, ghouls and haunted mazes than ever before. Later this year, family and friends can ring in the holidays at several parks with Holiday in the Park ® , a winter wonderland that includes all the familiar sights and sounds of the season along with Six Flags' signature collection of roller coasters, rides and attractions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV