Eastern Michigan University Enrolls Largest Freshman Class In School History
Eastern Michigan University will enroll the largest class of freshmen in its 164-year history when classes begin Wednesday, September 4.
YPSILANTI, Mich., Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- While final enrollment figures will not be reported until mid-September and additional new students continue to enroll, the University has already enrolled more freshmen students than the previous all-time record for freshmen of 2,854, set in 1999.
This year's class also tops last year's freshman enrollment of 2,595, which was Eastern's largest class in a decade.
The 2013 freshman class marks the second consecutive year of record enrollment at Eastern. Last fall, Eastern had the largest incoming class of new undergraduates in its history, with 5,076 students. That total, which includes first-time freshmen, transfer students, students pursuing a second degree, and other types of new undergraduate students, represented an increase of 6 percent from the previous Eastern record of 4,751 in 2001."Eastern welcomes our new and returning students to our beautiful historic campus," said Eastern President Susan Martin. "Our investment in key academic and student facilities, excellent faculty, and increased financial aid while setting the pace for tuition restraint in Michigan is paying off. Students love the access to faculty, small classes and opportunities for community engagement." A record number of 2,376 students graduated last spring, an increase of more than 27 percent from six years ago, in 2007. Higher GPAs and ACT scores In addition to record numbers, this year's incoming freshman class is better prepared academically. The average GPA of incoming freshmen is 3.24, up from 3.18 in 2012, and 3.11 in 2011. Average ACT scores are also climbing. This year's freshman class has an average ACT score of 22, up from 21.4 last year and 21.1 in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV