CHICAGO, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, today released a list of the top cars for tailgating, just in time for the start of football season. Experts from the site evaluated a gamut of cars, big and small, to determine which have the most to offer the serious tailgater.
"With football season comes the return of fans to parking lots across the nation to partake in tailgating festivities," said Patrick Olsen, editor-in-chief at Cars.com. "The ultimate tailgate requires the perfect tailgating car, so we took a look at a variety of new cars to determine which ones have factory-installed features to take the drama out of the pre-game party."
The top tailgating car for 2013, as determined by Cars.com experts is:
- 2013 Ram 1500 : Thanks to a host of tailgate-friendly updates, the tough-looking Ram 1500 is this year's winner. Notable tailgating-friendly highlights that made the 1500 the winner include:
- A new feature for 2013 allows owners to lower their truck to parking height for easier access to the bed and its contents
- An optional RamBox package that includes covered, weatherproof containers that Chrysler says can store up to 280 cans plus ice
- Adjustable tie-down points and truck bed divider (both included with the RamBox Package) should help keep the grill secure en route to the game.
- Uconnect WiFi which allows your crew to set their fantasy football lineups via a private internet network accessible within 150 feet of the truck.
"The 1500 really has it all when it comes to tailgating, but we realize the pickups aren't for everyone," said Olsen. "Our list includes a variety of cars that also come with great tailgating features and fit the needs of every kind of driver."