MELBOURNE, Victoria, Aug. 29, 2013 /CNW/ - Newcrest Mining Limited (" Newcrest") advises that the previously announced de-listing of its ordinary shares from the Toronto Stock Exchange (the " TSX") has been accepted by the TSX. Newcrest has received confirmation from the TSX that its ordinary shares will be de-listed from the TSX with effect from the close of business on 4 September 2013.
Following the de-listing from the TSX, Newcrest's ordinary shares will continue to be traded on the Australian Securities Exchange and the Port Moresby Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "NCM".
Newcrest's decision to de-list has been made on the basis that the anticipated benefits of the TSX listing have not been realised to date, and Newcrest's expectation that maintaining the TSX listing will not deliver significant future value for the Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV