Precious Metals and Miners Flash Short-Sell Signal
NEW YORK ( TheGoldAndOilGuy.com) -- It has been a bumpy ride for precious metal investors over the past couple of years. Unfortunately, I do not think it's over just yet.
The good news is the bottom has likely been put in for gold, silver and gold miners. However, the recent rally in these metals and miners looks to be coming to an end. While we could see another pop in price over the next week or so the price, volume and momentum seem to be stalling out.
What does this mean? It means we should expect short-term weakness and lower prices over the next month or two. Below are three charts I posted several months ago on my free stockcharts list. These forecast were based on simple technical analysis using cycles, Fibonacci and price patterns. As you can see, we are not trading at my key pivot level where I expect selling pressure to start to increase and eventually overpower the buyers, sending the prices lower.
Gold Trading Weekly Chart:Here you can see that gold is technically in a bear market when viewing it on the weekly chart. If you were to pull up a daily chart you would likely notice how the price of gold is trading at a key resistance level on the chart and has reached its full flag measured move. What does this mean? It means the odds are pointing to lower prices for gold in the next few weeks. Keep in mind I do feel as though a major bottom has been put in place for the precious metals sector. So buyers are likely to step back in around the $1,300 area. Silver Trading Weekly Chart: Silver has a little bit different-looking chart but the same analysis applies here as it did in gold. Gold Miners Trading Monthly Chart: Gold miners may have bottomed on this monthly investing timeframe chart but the daily chart you will see next clearly shows short-term weakness has started.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV