IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Next week 42 gamers will descend on Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit in the UK for Race Camp, to battle it out to become the 11th winner of Nissan PlayStation GT Academy. GT Academy was born from a simple question: Can the world of virtual racing discover a real world racing talent? This collaboration between Nissan and PlayStation produced its first graduate in 2008 and within three years that graduate took a podium finish at the Le Mans 24 Hours. Championship wins in some of the world's toughest, most prestigious races, and much motorsport industry recognition since then, has categorically answered the question.
Back in 2008 Autoblog.com stated: "This is either the stupidest idea ever or the most brilliant co-promotion for two brands in the history of mankind." Five years on GT Academy has had nearly four million entrants via PlayStation 3; over one billion miles driven virtually in Nissans on Gran Turismo; has been watched on TV by over 120 million people across the globe; has delivered tens of millions of dollars of media coverage online and in print; and has won numerous awards.
The television show for GT Academy Europe has attracted interest not just from the 120 million viewers in the 160 countries it is broadcast to, but also from the advertising, broadcast and media industries. "GT ACADEMY" has no less than three prestigious Lion Awards, one of which was the Cannes Golden Lion, won in 2010 for "Best Use of Branded Content" at the 58th International Festival of Creativity. Most recently it took the Broadcast Digital Award for "Best Content Partnership."It is a multiple winner of Campaign media awards in the UK. Campaign is the must-read magazine of the UK advertising industry and their summary of GT Academy in 2010 estimated the global media value of the 2010 European competition at more than £30 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV