8. -- Guess? (GES), the jeans maker, posted fiscal second-quarter profit and revenue that topped analysts' forecasts and it raised its earnings guidance for the full year.
Adjusted profit for the quarter was 52 cents a share and revenue rose to $639 million from $635.4 million a year earlier.
Analysts were expecting Guess? to post earnings of 36 cents a share on revenue of $622.9 million.
9. -- Hedge fund Karsch Capital Management is shutting down after 13 years, and Michael Karsch plans to return 95% of the fund's $1.8 billion in assets by the end of September. The last 5% would be returned in January after the fund's audit, Reuters reported. Karsch's biggest investments included Yahoo! (YHOO) and Expedia (EXPE).
10. -- Fast-food workers are set to stage walkouts in dozens of cities around the country Thursday, part of a push to get chains such as McDonald's (MCD) and Wendy's (WEN) to pay higher wages to workers. It's expected be the largest nationwide strike by fast-food workers, according to organizers, the AP reported. Workers say they want $15 an hour, more than double the federal minimum wage, which many fast food workers make, of $7.25 an hour.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV