KBR (NYSE: KBR) has announced that the United States District Court Southern District of New York has ruled in favor of KBR, reconfirming the arbitration award against Pemex Exploration and Production (PEP), a subsidiary of PEMEX, the Mexican national oil company.
In his decision, New York District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein, stated that the Mexican nullification of the arbitration award “violated basic notions of justice.”
“The District Court’s reconfirmation of the International Chamber of Commerce’s 2010 decision brings KBR one step closer to finally resolving this legacy issue,” said Andrew Farley, Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
Additional information regarding this matter can be found in KBR’s Form 10-Q for the period ending June 30, 2013, in the Notes to Condensed Consolidated Financial Statements (Note 6) under Pemex Arbitration. Full transcript of Judge Hellerstein’s ruling is available at the United States District Court Southern District of New York website ( www.nysd.uscourts.gov/cases/show.php?db=special&id=323).KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV