KBR (NYSE: KBR) has announced that the United States District Court Southern District of New York has ruled in favor of KBR, reconfirming the arbitration award against Pemex Exploration and Production (PEP), a subsidiary of PEMEX, the Mexican national oil company.
In his decision, New York District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein, stated that the Mexican nullification of the arbitration award “violated basic notions of justice.”
“The District Court’s reconfirmation of the International Chamber of Commerce’s 2010 decision brings KBR one step closer to finally resolving this legacy issue,” said Andrew Farley, Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
Additional information regarding this matter can be found in KBR’s Form 10-Q for the period ending June 30, 2013, in the Notes to Condensed Consolidated Financial Statements (Note 6) under Pemex Arbitration. Full transcript of Judge Hellerstein’s ruling is available at the United States District Court Southern District of New York website ( www.nysd.uscourts.gov/cases/show.php?db=special&id=323).KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV