The same is true for the banking stocks and the financial sector. Some meaningful headwinds like higher mortgage rates, a spike in the price of oil and the persistent rumors of a global slowdown linger on.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer commented on Wednesday about the current interest rate scenario and what may be on the horizon. His view is a temporarily disturbing one that holds true for all the big-name, dividend-paying stocks.
He wrote, "I think it says interest rates are still going higher and today's climb back up is for real. These stocks
IYG has had a breath-taking 10-month rally from November 2012 to the peak earlier this month. The same could be said for the three largest holdings, as illustrated in the one-year chart below. WFC data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV