Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV) announced it is offering a free webinar to discuss the findings of its newest games white paper, 2013 Game Changers: How will the next generation of consoles affect your business? Presented by Joost van Dreunen, CEO of SuperData Research, and Digital River’s games industry expert, Jeff Hemenway, the webinar is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10:00 a.m. CDT. The webinar is now open for registration at http://bit.ly/184Iltb. All webinar attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the 2013 Game Changers research paper .
During the webinar, van Dreunen and Hemenway will offer game publishers and developers a revealing look at the anticipated impact of the PlayStation ® 4, Xbox One and other new market entrants, including Steam Box and OUYA. They will discuss findings of the research and analyze:
- To what extent the market for games has changed;
- What the shift will mean in revenues for console makers, developers and publishers;
- How industry players will capture a sustainable audience;
- Consumer preferences with regards to new devices; and
- The impact of physical versus digital game titles.
“Much has changed since the last major generation of consoles by Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo,” noted Jeff Hemenway, Digital River’s group vice president of global gaming. “Gaming has exploded across platforms, devices and demographics, and transitioned to a digital business. Monetization is now often fluid. Our new white paper comes at a critical juncture for the gaming industry. Executives of any business impacted by digital gaming should read this study and interpret its findings for their particular situation.”
Commissioned by Digital River, the 2013 Game Changers research paper is an analysis of SuperData’s syndicated digital games sales data. The data covers 2.8 million monthly paying online gamers across genres such as MMO, console, mobile and social games. Founded in 2009, SuperData provides market intelligence on online, mobile and digital games.About Digital River, Inc. Digital River, Inc. builds and manages online businesses for software and game publishers, consumer electronics manufacturers, distributors, online retailers and affiliates. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a global commerce operation. The company’s comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, global payments, cloud-based billing, fraud management, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multi-lingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV