TULSA, Okla., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Apache Corporation (NYSE, Nasdaq: APA) will receive the Vanguard Award for Environmental Excellence as its compressed natural gas program continues to drive positive change in the communities where the company operates.
The award will be presented to Apache by Keep Oklahoma Beautiful after the company selected six non-profit organizations and two local municipalities to each receive a free vehicle conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG).
"The Vanguard Award is presented to a person, institution, community or business for embracing cutting-edge technologies and concepts in support of a sustainable planet," said Jeanette Nance, executive director of Keep Oklahoma Beautiful.
"It's important to recognize all that Apache does to preserve and eoinhance the state's natural beauty and ensure a healthy, sustainable environment," Nance said.The award will be presented to Apache at the nonprofit organization's 2013 Environmental Excellence Awards Celebration in November in Oklahoma City. The CNG donations, which include a gift card for a one-year supply of compressed natural gas for each of the newly converted vehicles, were made possible through Apache's Community & Neighborhood Giving program, a philanthropic arm of Apache's Central Region operations based in Tulsa. Apache has 369 employees throughout Oklahoma. " Apache employees have been giving back to their Oklahoma communities for more than 50 years," said Central Region Vice President Rob Johnston. "Not only does this donation help these community groups, it also promotes a sustainable future by providing them the opportunity to use vehicles that run on cheap, abundant and clean-burning natural gas." The organizations that received the CNG conversions include the largest anti-poverty agency in Oklahoma, a nonprofit group that helps individuals with intellectual disabilities, and a home for troubled youths. The organizations and municipalities are:
- The Gatesway Foundation
- Family & Children's Services
- CAP Tulsa
- The Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges
- Tulsa Habitat for Humanity
- Tulsa Boys' Home
- City of Broken Arrow
- City of Tulsa
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV