NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link, co-manager of the Action Alerts Plus portfolio, look at some ways to play the energy sector.
Cramer was quick to say that it it's a mistake for oil plays to not move higher with geopolitical tensions escalating around Syria and probable U.S. military action.
The latter has been focusing more heavily on developing its operations in the United States and selling its holdings in assets that are systematically undervalued.Anadarko is trying to become a major, Cramer said, a company like Chevron (CVX) or Exxon Mobil (XOM). Link added that unlike Exxon, which has production growth of only 2% to 3%, Anadarko could have production growth of 7% to 9%, and recently doubled its dividend. The company is expected to invest some of the proceeds of its recent $2.6 billion sale of a stake in Mozambique in its operations in the Permian basin and Eagleford Shale. Cramer concluded that Anardarko could reach double-digit production growth from Eagleford and believes the stock could go to $100. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV