GE [NYSE:GE] announced today the appointment of Peter Lefkowitz as chief privacy counsel, effective September 9, 2013.
Lefkowitz joins GE from Oracle where he served as vice president of privacy and security legal and chief privacy officer. In this role, Lefkowitz worked closely with Oracle corporate security on privacy and security oversight and compliance. In addition, he advised Oracle’s internal business functions and product and services businesses on structuring and managing cloud services, responding to security incidents and maintaining required information protection systems, policies, standards, registrations and certifications.
“Peter is a great leader with deep operational experience,” said GE Senior Vice President and General Counsel Brackett Denniston. “He brings to GE valuable skills in building secure capabilities and solutions, and we are excited to have him on our team.”
Prior to joining Oracle in 1998, Lefkowitz clerked for the Honorable Robert E. Coyle, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California. He graduated with a bachelor of arts in history from Yale College and received his J.D. from Harvard Law School.Lefkowitz is a member of the board of directors at the Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Greater Boston and chairs Bet Tzedek Legal Services. He is also a member of the board of editors for the Boston Bar Journal. About GE GE (NYSE:GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV