SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As a new school year begins, Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced that it is helping several key universities globally to meet the demands of their challenging environments. Extreme Networks solutions are connecting students and staff throughout classrooms, dormitories, research labs, and athletic facilities by delivering the foundation for connectivity and communications using the Internet Protocol (IP).
A selection of Extreme Networks university customers include the State University of New York ( SUNY) at Farmingdale, and NYU's Stern School of Business, University of Massachusetts, University of Miami, Johns Hopkins University, Villanova, Princeton, Georgia State University and Florida Gulf Coast University. In the United Kingdom, Glasgow University, Heriot-Watt of Edinburgh, the University of Brighton, the University of Surrey, City of Westminster College, Imperial College London, and the University of Reading. In Asia-Pacific, Australia's Bay of Plenty Polytechnic; the University of Seoul and Incheon National University of Korea; and in South America, Brazil's Federal University at Sao Paulo and the Universidad Autonoma de la Ciudadin Mexico City.
And as the student experience continues to evolve, Extreme Networks meets changing technology needs. With 62 percent of Millennials now connected wirelessly via laptops, tablets or smartphones, the need for secure, personalized services at universities is a necessity. Extreme Networks campus solution offers automated network service provisioning for student and faculty devices, identity management and the technology required to meet the performance and security challenges facing today's universities.
Extreme Networks enables university IT teams to meet increasing bandwidth demands placed on their networks through its Mobile Student Solution and portfolio of Ethernet switches, including the BlackDiamond® X8 and Summit® switches and Summit WM WLAN controllers. Coupled with the ExtremeXOS®, these switches serve as the foundation for Extreme's Open Fabric Edge wired and wireless network architecture, providing educational institutions with Unified Communications (UC), Physical Security (PhySec) systems, and Audio-Video Bridging (AVB) on a single converged network."As classrooms become more mobile and device friendly, universities are turning their attention to integrating this technology into the everyday learning environment," said Derek Granath, senior director of product management for Extreme Networks. "The network infrastructure behind the campus is playing a critical role in this transformation ensuring secure and reliable delivery of the high performance services to students and faculty." Supporting Documents
- Extreme Networks Delivers Virtual Learning Environment for University of Brighton – view case study
- University Network Advances the Frontiers of Human Knowledge – view case study
- Bay of Plenty Polytechnic Selects Extreme Networks Open Fabric Solution for High Speed and Reliability – view case study
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV