Superior Industries International (NYSE: SUP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 14.50%. Superior Industries International, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of aluminum road wheels to original equipment manufacturers in the United States and Mexico. It supplies cast aluminum wheels to automobile and light truck manufacturers. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.70. The average volume for Superior Industries International has been 85,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Superior Industries International has a market cap of $485.5 million and is part of the automotive industry. Shares are down 13.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Superior Industries International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SUP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.18, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $28.00 million or 13.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SUPERIOR INDUSTRIES INTL has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.19%.
- SUP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SUPERIOR INDUSTRIES INTL is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.68%. Regardless of SUP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.17% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, SUP has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Superior Industries International Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts