BreitBurn Energy Partners (NASDAQ: BBEP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.80%. BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. engages in the acquisition, exploitation, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States. The average volume for BreitBurn Energy Partners has been 1,043,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. BreitBurn Energy Partners has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 4.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates BreitBurn Energy Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $38.57 million or 31.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.92%.
- The gross profit margin for BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP is currently very high, coming in at 71.78%. Regardless of BBEP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BBEP's net profit margin of 35.22% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.54, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BBEP's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.69 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full BreitBurn Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts