What To Hold: Top 5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: PBI, ISIL, RWT, EEP, HCN
Enbridge Energy Partners (NYSE: EEP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.20%. Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. owns and operates crude oil and liquid petroleum transportation and storage assets; and natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation, and marketing assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.27. The average volume for Enbridge Energy Partners has been 821,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Enbridge Energy Partners has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Enbridge Energy Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 174.34% to $271.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.92%.
- The gross profit margin for ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.57%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.29% trails that of the industry average.
- ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP's earnings per share declined by 45.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP reported lower earnings of $1.25 versus $1.89 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 32.4% in earnings ($0.85 versus $1.25).
- You can view the full Enbridge Energy Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV