Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ: ISIL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. Intersil Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets analog, mixed-signal, and power management integrated circuits (ICs) for applications in the industrial and infrastructure, personal computing, and consumer electronics markets. The average volume for Intersil Corporation has been 1,264,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intersil Corporation has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the electronics industry. Shares are up 30.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Intersil Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 106.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$14.49 million to $1.00 million.
- INTERSIL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTERSIL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.29 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.53 versus -$0.29).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 13.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, INTERSIL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Intersil Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts