SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New research from TripIt, the leading mobile travel organizer from Concur (Nasdaq: CNQR), today revealed that work ramps back up quickly after Labor Day, as only 33% of travelers stay on vacation past the holiday weekend.
Need to track down colleagues or contacts after the holiday?
Five years of Labor Day itinerary data from TripIt shows that more than half of travelers are back at their desks on Tuesday (67%), and nearly all travelers are back at their desks by Wednesday (87%).Overdue to take some time away from the office? More than half of Labor Day travelers (52%) stick to a three- or four-night getaway over the long weekend, so leaving earlier, staying longer or taking a 5+ day "stretch-cation" can maximize relaxation and help avoid holiday swarms. Here's how TripIt travelers plan their Labor Day escapes:
- 15% are daytrippers
- 9% stay overnight
- 11% getaway for two nights
- 32% take exactly three nights, while 20% extend to a four-day weekend
- 9% plan a five-night trip
- 4% vacation for six, seven or more* nights
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts