Agricultural communities play a vital role in feeding the global population. For Toro, we are committed to supporting growers and organizations in their effort to apply more efficient and sustainable agricultural practices.
Now, we are asking for your help in recognizing those that promote sustainable practices in agricultural communities across America with our all-new ‘Ready. Set. GROW!’ grant initiative, in which we will be awarding $15,000 to non-profit organizations to help further their efforts. You might recognize an organization installing drip irrigation in a community garden to more efficiently use water resources; a local non-profit committed to furthering sustainable agricultural practices; or, an organization training military veterans in modern agriculture technologies. For more details, visit https://www.facebook.com/Toro.Company/app_112813808737465.
Toro is asking the public to nominate non-profit organizations – 501(c)(3) or government entities like university extensions or conservation divisions, agriculture employment programs, and public educational entities – that are doing great work to improve agricultural communities across the country by meeting one or more of the following criteria...
- Enhancing communities through water-saving technologies and practices in agriculture
- Involving children or adults in educational programs promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Educating communities on the value of water efficient technologies that increase crop production
- Helping growers implement sustainable agriculture practices or integrate modern technology
- Keeping the agricultural economy healthy and sustainable for the long-term
Online entries will be accepted from August 28, 2013 through September 25, 2013 at https://www.facebook.com/Toro.Company/app_112813808737465. At the conclusion of the nomination period, a panel of Toro representatives will evaluate and select four finalists to create (and submit by Oct. 16, 2013) a one-minute video further detailing their organization’s cause and mission. The grant awards will be determined by a public vote from October 22, 2013 to November 5, 2013 at www.facebook.com/toro.company. The first-place organization (earning the most votes) will receive $7,000, the second-place organization will be awarded $4,000, and the remaining two organizations will be given $2,000 each. Winners will be announced by November 8, 2013.Please visit https://www.facebook.com/Toro.Company/app_112813808737465 to see the complete nominating and voting terms and guidelines. About The Toro CompanyThe Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative turf, landscape, rental and construction equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. With sales of more than $1.9 billion in fiscal 2012, Toro’s global presence extends to more than 90 countries through strong relationships built on integrity and trust, constant innovation, and a commitment to help customers enrich the beauty, productivity and sustainability of the land. Since 1914, the company has built a tradition of excellence around a number of strong brands to help customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties, and agricultural fields. More information is available at www.toro.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV