Trade-Ideas: Iamgold (IAG) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
- IAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.1 million.
- IAG has traded 16.3 million shares today.
- IAG is up 3.3% today.
- IAG was down 5.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IAG: IAMGOLD Corporation engages in the exploration, development, and operation of mining properties. Its products include gold, silver, niobium, and copper deposits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. IAG has a PE ratio of 17.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Iamgold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Iamgold has been 7.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Iamgold has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 41.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iamgold as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IAG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, IAG has a quick ratio of 2.16, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 43.08% is the gross profit margin for IAMGOLD CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, IAG's net profit margin of -9.43% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- IAMGOLD CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, IAMGOLD CORP reported lower earnings of $0.89 versus $1.03 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 153.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $52.90 million to -$28.40 million.
- You can view the full Iamgold Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts