FLORENCE, Ky., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Power Transmission Solutions, a business of Emerson Industrial Automation, today announced it is attending PACK EXPO 2013 in Las Vegas, Sept. 23–25. At the show, Emerson will hold a news conference at 10 a.m. on Sept. 23 to introduce its new System Plast™ Low Back Pressure Conveyor Belt series. In an effort to help reduce waste, many beverage manufacturers are eliminating the cardboard trays from their shrink-wrapped PET packaging. Emerson's new System Plast Low Back Pressure Conveyor Belt series helps overcome conveying issues due the non-uniform bottle base, reducing the possibility of damage.
Emerson develops innovative solutions in product and material design to support its global customers' requirements for sustainability in beverage production. Emerson also extends this focus on innovation through the digital experience it provides for its customers. At PACK EXPO 2013, the Emerson booth (C-4733) will showcase the following:
- An interactive technology center that showcases Emerson's new SPEC™ (System Plast Engineering Calculator) engineering software, as well as their new SmartGuide™, the material handling industry's first interactive conveyor components catalog
- A working model display demonstrating Emerson's original NG™ extra performance PBT thermoplastic resin material developed by System Plast for modular plastic belts and chains
- An augmented virtual reality app that mirrors the "What Happens When …" advertising and social media campaigns
- An interactive touch-screen display featuring a 3-D model of a typical beverage bottling/canning line. The user is able to interact with application "hotspots" which open a pop-up window displaying information about the Emerson product used in that particular location
- An in-booth social media promotion allowing booth visitors to enter a contest to win a Sony 50-inch LED 3-D Smart HDTV by locating and taking a photo of a mini-cutout hidden in the booth, and posting the photo to Twitter @FoodBevSustain or Facebook /FoodBevSustain
- An interactive touch-table Emerson trivia game
About PACK EXPO PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013, the world's largest packaging and processing event in 2013, will bring together over 26,000 packaging and processing professionals and more than 1,600 exhibitors for the three most productive days of your year.
- See the most advanced technologies for integrating your packaging and processing lines in action on the show floor.
- Find inspiration in new materials, containers and package designs.
- Hear the latest on food safety, sustainability and more from leading industry experts and associations.
About Emerson Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2012 were $24.4 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.About Emerson Industrial Automation Emerson Industrial Automation delivers manufacturing solutions designed with leading technologies — including mechanical, electrical and ultrasonic — to provide the most advanced industrial automation possible for numerous and diverse industries worldwide. The company's wide range of products and systems used in manufacturing processes and other equipment includes motion-control systems, plastics joining, precision cleaning, materials-testing equipment, fluid-control valves, alternators, motors, and mechanical power transmission drives and bearings. Emerson Industrial Automation's mechanical power transmission business unit headquartered in Florence, Kentucky, consists of Browning ®, Jaure ®, Kop-Flex ®, McGill ®, Morse ®, Rollway ®, Sealmaster ® and System Plast product brands. For more information, please visit www.EmersonIndustrialAutomation.com and www.emerson-ept.com/beverage. SOURCE Emerson Industrial Automation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts