Shares of the semiconductor specialist climbed 6.14% to $38.80 before market open.
"AVGO reported a strong JulyQ guiding to a stronger OctQ despite multiple competitive and smartphone concerns," wrote Vijay Rakesh, an analyst at Sterne Agee, in a note released on Wednesday.
Sterne Agee raised its fourth-quarter Avago revenue estimate to $730 million from $692 million. The analyst firm, which has a 'buy' rating on Avago, also hiked its fourth-quarter earnings estimate to 84 cents a share from 78 cents a share.The Apple (AAPL) component supplier is seen as a potential beneficiary of a new iPhone as rumors continue to swirl that Apple will launch a new phone next month. Facebook (FB) was a more modest gainer, rising 0.76% to $39.94. The social network was one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks, as nearly 700,000 shares traded hands. Tesla (TSLA) climbed 1.46% to $169.45 on share volume of 158,255. Shares of cloud computing specialist Workday (WDAY) rose 0.64% to $76.50, boosted by better-than-expected fiscal second-quarter results after market close on Tuesday. Apple, however, dipped 0.12% to $488. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV