CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has received a Performance Based Logistics (PBL) contract from Naval Supply Systems Command Weapon Systems Support, to continue its 24/7 support of the U.S. Navy fleet for three shipboard systems.
Under the not-to-exceed $24.8 million one-year contract, Northrop Grumman will provide 150 PBL repair assembly kits and spare parts for the WSN-7 ring laser gyro, the AN/BPS-15/16 submarine radar detecting and range set, and the DDG steering and scalable integrated bridge systems for guided missile destroyers. The systems are used on U.S. Navy surface ships and submarines and on foreign military sales surface ships. The work began in July 2013 and will continue through July 2014. The award is a continuation of work Northrop Grumman has performed for the fleet for the past nine years.
"Northrop Grumman's partnership with the Naval Supply Systems Command has been a win-win for both organizations since 2004," said Bill Hannon, vice president of Northrop Grumman's Maritime Systems business unit. "This material arrangement allows the Navy to affordably and promptly support these major shipboard systems and minimize down time while continuing to conduct critical maritime operations."Assembly kits are produced and delivered worldwide to operating forces as quickly as possible with minimal downtime, taking into consideration each vessel's deployment schedule, current operational needs and expected plans. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV