Former TV Weatherman's Germ Killing Coughing Cup Invention Featured In Wal-Mart Contest
SUGAR LAND, Texas, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It may look like a common, everyday paper coffee cup but the inside matters most. The patent pending Coughy Cup™ combines a paper coffee cup, a plastic lid and the material used for surgical facemasks to capture, contain, filter and kill 99.9% of germs & viruses.
The inventor is John Delatorre. In 1999 he was a TV weatherman for ABC in Sacramento, California. Today he's the founder of Coughy Cup, Inc. of Sugar Land, Texas ( www.CoughyCup.com). "I'm no genius. It's like putting peanut butter with chocolate. I simply put a surgical mask filter into a paper coffee cup," said Delatorre.The Coughy Cup™ made it to the second round of Wal-Mart's "Get on the Shelf" contest. Voting is underway. Contest details can be found at getontheshelf.walmart.com. "I know what some of you might be thinking. You're saying, 'John, you expect us to walk around coughing into a cup?' No. My germ-free cups are for confined areas where people are expected to sit for long periods of time," said Delatorre.
- Office Cubicles and Homes
- Schools, Prisons, Cruise Ships and Airlines
- Daycare Centers and Nursing Homes
- Hospitals and Waiting Rooms
- The average child can catch between 6 to 12 colds every year.
- Colds cause children to miss 22 million days of school every year.
- More than 1 billion colds and more than 30 million flu cases occur every year.
- Almost 1 million people have died related to influenza in the U.S. in the last 30 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV