Aug. 28, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Chef and small business owner
used to keep track of his employees' time in his head. But when his catering business expanded, he needed a more reliable and accurate system.
After researching companies online, he chose Lathem's PayClock Online
cloud-based time and attendance
"It's made life so much easier," said Lewis of 2 Guys Caterers. "I can do payroll anytime, anywhere. Now I can go on vacation and not worry because all the information is stored online, in the cloud, not in my head."
Lewis said he was able to set up the system easily, although the product comes with live customer support as part of
Lathem's 6-Point Assurance Program™
2 Guys Caterers has three employees who use the system daily and often as many as 20 contractors who work onsite as servers and bartenders. Those in the office clock in on a computer, while on-site workers clock in and out with a mobile smartphone.
Prior to using Lathem's PayClock Online, Lewis calculated time manually, which is prone to errors and can take hours. Now, he manages payroll when he wants and it only takes a few minutes.
"We're pleased that 2 Guys Caterers can be more productive and improve their bottom line with PayClock Online," said
, Lathem vice president, Sales and Marketing. "The market demands technology that meets the reality of today's flexible and remote workforce. This solution simplifies time and attendance and saves businesses time and money."
of Lathem's PayClock Online time and attendance system include:
- No software to install or maintain.
- Businesses can pay by the month and only for the employees actively tracking their time.
- Application supports multiple locations and users.
- Users can access and edit data, run reports, anytime and from anywhere on a web-enabled PC, Mac or mobile device.
- Employees have fast and convenient web-based access to review their time card and vacation time information.
- Businesses can choose from a variety of methods to record employees' time, including PCs, mobile devices or Lathem's automated time clocks.
- Two editions available to fit an organization's specific needs: Standard or Enterprise.
- Integrates with major payroll software systems.
Lathem has been in business for more than 90 years, providing small businesses with time and attendance products that improve the management of workforce productivity and labor costs. Cloud-based time and attendance is the latest solution in workforce management.