VANCOUVER, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Bear Creek Mining (TSX Venture: BCM / BVL: BCM) (" Bear Creek" or the "Company") is pleased to report that on August 27 it has officially filed with the Ministry of Energy and Mines (" MEM") all responses to comments arising from the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (" ESIA") submitted in December 2012. A total of 147 comments were addressed in the responses; a very low number indicating the strength of the original technical report. The MEM has 30 days to request additional information, should any be required. The Company's responses were thorough and, in management's opinion, the submission of responses sets the stage for ESIA approval in Q3 or early Q4, 2013. Corani is a large, silver-lead-zinc deposit containing 270M ounces silver and 4.8 billion pounds of combined lead and zinc which is forecasted to produce over 13M ounces silver per year at negative cash costs per ounce of silver, net of by-product credits, for the first 7 years of its 22 year mine life. The project has solid local and regional community support as demonstrated by the endorsement of the project at the formal public hearing and the creation of social investment programs, in concert with the Peruvian central government, for the life of the mine.
Andrew Swarthout, President and CEO, states "We are pleased with the pace at which Corani is advancing through the permitting process. Bear Creek looks forward to the ESIA approval along with the continued support from the Peruvian government in order to make this important project for Puno and Peru a reality."
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV