WALTHAM, Mass., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) awarded $10,000 scholarships to three military veterans pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM). The three recipients have also demonstrated leadership in their local communities. The scholarships are part of Raytheon's support of Student Veterans of America (SVA), which provides veterans with resources, support and advocacy to succeed in higher education and the workforce.
"The STEM fields are an increasingly important sector of our economy," said Michael Dakduk, SVA's executive director. "Raytheon's generous support will empower three well-deserving student veterans to achieve their academic goals and continue to make valuable contributions to the nation."
Raytheon and SVA joined forces in November 2012 on the shared mission to empower veterans with the resources, support and advocacy needed to achieve their higher education goals. Such empowerment helps the nation's warfighters achieve success as civilians, developing a generation of professionals who already understand the importance of leadership, discipline and perseverance. The multi-year partnership is expected to include additional scholarship grants.
Recipients of the 2013 Raytheon-SVA Scholarship are:
- Adailin Lebron Bengochea – Pursuing a bachelor's degree in marine biology at the University of Texas at Austin, Adailin served in the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Gwen Linde – Pursuing a degree in geology at the University of Nevada, Reno, Gwen served in the U.S. Air Force.
- Ryan Wilson – Pursuing a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering at the University of California, Irvine, Ryan served in the U.S. Navy Seabees and in the Navy Reserves.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV