SAN DIEGO, Aug. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced today its c.LINK ® 1.1 Ethernet over Coax (EoC) Broadband Access solution has been integrated into high definition (HD) set-top boxes (STBs) from leading Chinese STB manufacturer, Sichuan Jiuzhou Electronic Technology Co., LTD, (Jiuzhou). By embedding Entropic's c.LINK silicon and software into a single HD-STB, operators can get better scale from their broadband access network and more quickly and cost-effectively offer Video-on-Demand (VOD) services.
Cable operators throughout China are looking for complete, end-to-end video and broadband access solutions. By using the Jiuzhou STBs integrated with Entropic's c.LINK technology, operators can capitalize on the stability of their c.LINK EoC network infrastructure and accelerate VOD service deployments.
"To offer value-added VOD services and other advanced IP-based video services, Chinese operators require a rich, robust connectivity backbone," said Jia Biming, general manager, Jiuzhou. "By leveraging Entropic's c.LINK solution in both the STB and the broadband access infrastructure, subscribers are certain to get a faster, more exciting video viewing experience.""Interactive, or two-way set-top boxes, are the key to increase ARPU," said Tom Luan, vice president and general manager, China operations, Entropic. "Jiuzhou's new generation HD-STB advances the use of our c.LINK technology – progressing it forward from its traditional broadband access modem use case to a video-specific set-top box that will expedite MSOs' NGB initiatives, increase their ARPU and reduce overall operational expenses." About the Entropic c.LINK 1.1 EoC Solution Entropic's c.LINK 1.1 EoC solution is based on the EN3511 Network Controller (NC) and the EN3530 Client Premise Equipment (CPE). Key technical features include:
- Reliability – based on the field proven MoCA® (Multimedia over Coax) 1.1 chipset technology, for which Entropic has already shipped more than 50-million MoCA 1.0/1.1 chipsets;
- Lower Total Systems Cost – achieved through its highly integrated 65nm single-chip SoC and optimized bill of materials (BOM) costs;
- Increased Performance – providing more than 270 Mbps of raw data bandwidth and more than 175 Mbps of application throughput;
- Backward Compatibility – to the currently deployed system (EN3011/EN3230) in the field offering a seamless upgrade path; and
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) Performance Attributes – with high immunity to electrical interference and stringent low latency time-division-multiplexing protocol (TDM).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts