- Bookings totaled $695 million, down 36 percent from a year ago, and down 28 percent excluding foreign currency impacts.
- Net sales were $1.3 billion compared to $1.4 billion a year ago.
- Operating income was 20.8 percent of sales compared to 21.6 percent of sales in the third quarter of 2012.
- Earnings per fully diluted share was $1.71 in the current quarter, compared to $1.82 in 2012. Excluding unusual items, earnings per fully diluted share was $1.70 in the current quarter, compared to $1.87 in 2012.
- Cash provided by continuing operations was $350 million in the third quarter compared to $157 million a year ago.
- The Board of Directors authorized the company to repurchase up to $1.0 billion in shares of common stock over the next 36 months. Under the program, the company may repurchase shares in the open market in accordance with applicable rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Joy Global Inc. Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Operating Results And Share Repurchase Program
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.