Legendary Astronauts Return To The Space Coast For Annual Autograph & Memorabilia Show
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six of the 12 men who have walked on the moon—among them Apollo 11's Buzz Aldrin, the second man to set foot on the lunar surface—will join astronauts representing every era of manned spaceflight and other space legends for the annual Astronaut Autograph & Memorabilia Show (AAMS) at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (KSCVC) on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 9-10, 2013.
Along with Aldrin, the list of participating astronauts includes moonwalkers Alan Bean , Gene Cernan , Charlie Duke , Edgar Mitchell and David Scott , as well as Dan Brandenstein , Scott Carpenter , Mary Cleave , Walt Cunningham , Ed Gibson , Dick Gordon , Fred Haise , Tom Jones , Jack Lousma , Bruce McCandless , Mike McCulley , Mike Mullane , Bill Pogue , Bob Springer , Thomas Stafford and Al Worden . More astronauts are expected to sign on as the event draws closer.
Hosted by the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation (ASF), the weekend-long AAMS is first and foremost an autograph show, inviting members of the general public to meet, shake hands and take pictures with their astronaut heroes. Astronauts will mingle with guests and host autograph booths in KSCVC's Debus Center from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday. Autograph fees vary by astronaut, with most falling in the $40-$200 range.
One-day passes to the show are $15 and weekend passes are $20 for KSCVC ticket-holders. Admission to KSCVC is required prior to autograph show entry.In addition to the signing portion of the show, the AAMS weekend includes a number of special events designed for avid space enthusiasts. Those who purchase a Gold, Platinum or Platinum Plus ticket package will be treated to a number of exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime experiences contingent upon package level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV