Mr. Contesse continued, "The markets for all of our main business lines have been growing, and it is expected that all of our major businesses – potassium, SPN, lithium, and iodine – will see increased demand in 2013 when compared to 2012. We will maintain our long-term management approach in all of our business lines, and remain focused on maximizing margins and shareholder value. We are positioned to capture value in many ways; similar processes and industrial technologies are used across multiple operations, access to raw materials that are used in the production of several different products. We have also invested in metal exploration in recent years. We have signed various agreements with different companies who are engaging in exploration within our mining assets in the north of Chile. Many of these agreements encompass a portion of northern Chile's Iron-oxide-copper-gold (IOCG) belt. This exploration could offer some diverse value in years to come."
For the complete version of this press release, please visit our IR Web site: http://ir.sqm.com/English/investor-relation/default.aspx
SQM is an integrated producer and distributor of specialty plant nutrients, iodine, lithium, potassium-related fertilizers and industrial chemicals. Its products are based on the development of high quality natural resources that allow the Company to be a leader in costs, supported by a specialized international network with sales in over 100 countries. SQM's development strategy aims to maintain and strengthen the Company's position in each of its businesses.The leadership strategy is based on the Company's competitive advantages and on the sustainable growth of the different markets in which it participates. SQM's main competitive advantages in its different businesses include:
- Low production costs based on vast and high quality natural resources;
- Know-how and its own technological developments in its various production processes;
- Logistics infrastructure and high production levels that allow SQM to have low distribution costs;
- High market share in all its core products;
- International sales network with offices in more than 20 countries and sales in over 100 countries;
- Synergies from the production of multiple products that are obtained from the same two natural resources;
- Continuous new product development according to the specific needs of its different customers;
- Conservative and solid financial position.