NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Syrian Electronic Army claims it has taken over Twitter's web site domain.
The group sent out the message ironically on Twitter, letting the micro-blogging social network know of the alleged attack in a tweet.
The Syrian Electronic Army may also be responsible for hacking into the Web site of The New York Times, owned by The New York Times Co. (NYT). Twitter spokeswoman Christina Thiry said the company was "looking into this," regarding the claim. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV