Nissan Targets Light Commercial Vehicle Leadership Position By 2016
IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nissan Motor Company is on track to become the world's leading manufacturer of light commercial vehicles (LCV) by fiscal year (FY) 2016.
Light Commercial Vehicles include several classes of vehicles that are designed and developed primarily for work use. Nissan offers one of the widest ranges of LCVs, from mini-LCVs up to 7.5-ton trucks.
Strong sales are expected in 2013, led by the NV200, an award-winning, new-generation compact van which will hit 200,000 cumulative sales by the end of fiscal year 2013 (April 2013-March 2014).Overall Nissan's LCV sales were 1.14 million units in FY2012. The number of units sold topped one million for the first time in FY2011, putting Nissan a full year ahead of the Power 88 mid-term plan's target for LCV sales. Under Power 88 Nissan is targeting eight percent global market share with a consistent operating profit of eight percent or more by the end of FY2016. Nissan has increased sales of LCVs by closely studying customer needs and adapting global and regional models to suit specific local requirements. It means that not only are the vehicles practical for everyday use, they also feature low running costs matched by high levels of quality and reliability. Quality covers every aspect of the vehicle, not just how well it is built. It includes the design of the vehicle, its practical aspects as well as its features. Nissan sees no reason why drivers of commercial vehicles should not enjoy the same levels of comfort and technology as car drivers. The ownership experience has been similarly enhanced. A new set of dedicated dealer standards ensuring competitive sales and aftersales service have been implemented globally. The aim is to provide the highest levels of service to secure customer satisfaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV