FORT WORTH, Texas
Aug. 27, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- As students head back to campus and outfit their backpacks and dorm rooms with the latest and greatest, research shows that shopping for new electronics will actually account for the largest portion of college shoppers' budgets, according to the National Retail Federation's 2013 Back-to-School Survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics.
That makes it critical to know how and where to make the most of your budget during this, the most important season for creating or updating your tech profile.
RadioShack is proud to offer college students and faculty an ongoing 10% discount when they show their school ID for in-store purchases at participating locations or when they use an .edu email address at
. Some restrictions apply. See store or online
for more details.
From getting the gadgets needed for the classroom to decking out your dorm room, RadioShack has the products you need and the brands you want.
- All-Student's Must Have: The Apple® iPad mini® with Wi-Fi® 16GB ($329.99) is a one-stop shop for everything a college student needs. Take notes faster, stay current on emails, keep in touch with friends and family, and entertain yourself with music, games and streaming movies.
- Music Improves Concentration: Whether in the dorm or in the library, most students enjoy music while studying. Check out the colorful AUVIO Cube Bluetooth Speaker ($39.99) for the dorm room and the AUVIO® Pearl Buds ($14.99) headphones for trips to the library.
- Music Also Fuels the Party: For those times when you need to amp up the fun a bit, the Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Wireless Speaker ($199.99) is an ideal addition to your dorm room.
- Avoid the "Freshman 15:" Students can keep track of the trek across campus and the quality of their sleep with the brand new FitBit Flex wristband ($99.99). For a smaller device, the Fitbit Zip™ Wireless Activity Tracker ($59.99) clips on almost anywhere and tracks steps and calories burned.
- Tech-Savvy Math and Engineering Majors: The Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator ($149.99) has new features and preloaded apps making it more versatile. The calculator's 3D graphing makes problem solving infinitely easier.
- Need it for Class: Don't miss a thing the professor says with the Olympus® VN-7100 1GB Digital Voice Recorder ($29.99). With over 500 hours of continuous recording time, this lightweight small device will help any student stay organized with features that allow file marking and transfers easy.
- For Maximum Easy & Efficiency: The Epson® Artisan 50 Inkjet Printer (149.99) is compact yet powerful enough to help you tackle even the toughest of term papers.
RadioShack's convenient neighborhood
mean students anywhere can run in and find just the right headphones, streaming media player or digital device to make the trip back to campus complete.
Win $2,500 Gift Card to Deck Out Your Dorm
RadioShack is also giving students the chance to win a
RadioShack gift card with its
"Let's Get Loud" contest
. Students just need to submit a photo via the "Let's Get Loud" tab on RadioShack's Facebook page pointing out at least three RadioShack products already in their room, and they could win a
gift card to truly deck out their dorm. See the "Let's Get Loud" contest official rules
And visit your local RadioShack store or at
to find these products, and more – and to take advantage of the 10% discount for college students and faculty.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack
offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes more than 4,300 company-operated stores in
the United States
, 270 company-operated stores in
, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit
; to purchase items online, please visit
is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.