Trade-Ideas: Avago Technologies (AVGO) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- AVGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.7 million.
- AVGO is up 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVGO: Avago Technologies Limited engages in the design, development, and supply of analog semiconductor devices with a focus on III-V based products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. AVGO has a PE ratio of 16.9. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Avago Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Avago Technologies has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avago has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.03 days to cover. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Avago Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AVGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD is rather high; currently it is at 54.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.10% is above that of the industry average.
- AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.26 versus $2.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $2.26).
- Despite the weak revenue results, AVGO has outperformed against the industry average of 13.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Avago Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV